This recipe is completely off the top of my head, I was in the supermarket, purchasing ingredients for tomorrow’s dinner. When I realized I had nothing to eat for tonight! As i was picking up ingredients I seen that yellow squash and zucchini were not only on sale, but they were from local farmers! I after picking them up, I began to construct this recipe.
I roughly chopped up green peppers, red onions, zucchini, yellow squash and a tin of canned tomatoes.
I also minced 3 cloves of garlic. I added the vegetables and garlic to a glass baking dish.
Then I took some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and gave them a large dice. I added the chicken thighs, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of cold butter to the glass baking dish. I added sea salt, cracked black pepper, dried chile pepper, thyme, sage, basil and mixed everything until combined.
I baked this for about an hour in a 400* oven, making sure to stir it about every 20 minutes. The house smelled so good while this was cooking.
I served it with plenty of jasmine rice to soak up the drippings.
- You can use whatever herbs you desire, I just happen to love sage and thyme.
- Also, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned, it’s just nicer looking to me, because they are peeled.
- The chicken was extremely tender, I was worried it was going to be a bit rubbery.
- This could be made on the stove top, just on a low temperature and covered.
- I wasn’t too liberal with the salt, I found that I had to and more at the end.