I’m going to include this recipe, because I enjoy baking the cookies. However, I am aware that this recipe is all over the place. You can even find it on the back of the pack of chocolate chips.
To start, take room temperature butter and cream it together with white sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is combined and light yellow. Add vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, add flour, sea salt, cinnamon (shocked?) and baking soda. Please sift this mixture, it makes a difference (I use a mesh strainer to sift.)
Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, making sure to scrape the bottom and sides in between adding more flour.
Now you stop using a hand mixer, or your stand mixer. I prefer to add the chocolate chips and fold them in by hand. It’s just a better practice for not destroying your precious chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonful onto a cookie tray (or sheet pan, or random pan you have in your cupboards) I actually use a #40 ice cream scoop for most of my cookies. Bake for 12 minutes and you should have cookies that look similar to these.
Make like the caption says, turn off the television, take the phone off the hook, put some music on (Kenny G or Drake, whatever is your cup of tea) and enjoy.
- I’m serious, I used sea salt in the cookies.
- I’m also serious about the cinnamon (if you read), just a pinch will have people making outrageous claims about these cookies.
- Also, Nestle just released a Dark Chocolate chip, naturally with Lily loving dark chocolate, I had to try them.
- Salted or unsalted butter, that’s not a big deal. Just make sure you are using butter, not applesauce, or margarine or vegetable spread. Use butter, please.
- The recipe on the back of the package suggests baking for 20 minutes. I don’s see how that’s possible, as mine were completely finished at 12 minutes.