So, I’ve had this recipe in my sights for a long time, but i usually pass over it, for something a little less.. obscure?
I’m not sure if I wanna believe the story that someone over heard two little old women, sharing recipes on the bus. It’s a great story but it’s hard to believe things that you read on the internet. There’s never any proof to back it up.
Anyway..here’s the chicken. Sorry I didn’t take any “in the process” photos, I’ll try to be better at that.
The recipe is from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Chicken pieces (I used Thighs and Drumsticks)
- 1/3 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1/3 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Arrange chicken on a foil-lined 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken every 15 minutes.
- If sauce becomes fatty, skim the top of the sauce.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- The sauce is pretty orange oriented, if you don’t like fruit/chicken combinations, you will not enjoy this recipe.
- I think Pineapple Preserves would be a suitable substitute for the orange marmalade.
- The sauce will go nicely over rice or pasta if you choose to prepare them.
- I am addicted to Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce, so that’s the brand I used, I picked the sweet and spicy version. 🙂
- I increased the amount of sauce by tripling the recipe, I had more chicken than what the recipe called for, and I like Sauuuce.